White Collar Criminal Defense
I defend individuals and small businesses in litigation and investigations brought by state and federal prosecutors, as well as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and state regulators, in actions concerning alleged violations of the state and federal regulatory and criminal laws, including accounting fraud, insider trading, market manipulation, money laundering, wire fraud, mail fraud, and perjury.
Clients involved in criminal investigations and trials work directly with me. I strive to provide personal and proficient representation, and ease my clients’ concerns during a time that is often filled with uncertainty and stress. I hold a Master of Law degree (LLM) in Securities Regulation from Georgetown Law Center and have extensive experience in the field of securities enforcement and business crimes, including serving in the following roles:
• federal prosecutor (Special Assistant U. S. Attorney, Securities Fraud Unit) in Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Florida
• attorney with the Enforcement Division of the SEC, in Washington, D.C.
• Judge Advocate in the United States Marine Corps
• Vice Chair of the Criminal Laws Committee of the American Bar Association’s Section of Business Law
• Commissioner on the ABA Kennedy Commission examining, among other things, reform to the Mandatory Sentencing Guidelines
• Chair of the ABA Securities Enforcement Subcommittee (Business Law Section)
• Adjunct Professor at the University of Richmond School of Law, teaching “Enforcement of the Federal Securities Laws”
For a confidential consultation, please contact me.